The Iowa Chapter of the Society for Public Health Education (IASOPHE) is a voluntary organization composed of professional public health educations or individuals and students interested in public health education. IASOPHE is both a Chapter of the national Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) and a current section of the Iowa Public Health Association (IPHA).
The mission of IASOPHE is to provide leadership to the profession of health education and to contribute to the health of all people through advances in health education theory and research, excellence in health education practice, and the promotion of public policies conducive to health.
Members are affiliated with a variety of public health settings including local and state health departments, community-based organizations, higher education, schools, worksites, managed care, and health care.
Benefits of membership include:
Membership dues help support IASOPHE activities, advocacy, education, and representation at the national SOPHE annual meeting and conference.
- Professional networking and professional development
- Develop and gain advocacy skills to advance public health
- Reduced cost for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credits
- Access to continuing education via programs and webinars
- Resource sharing from national SOPHE
- Gain leadership skills
- Possible internship opportunities
- Quarterly newsletter